About Florals by Fred





I have changed the format on my blog. The landing page will show a comprehensive feed of everything I create on Zazzle.com. On the tabs under the header picture are links to here and to pages of what I decide to talk about arranged by months. Any comments? Please leave one!

All of the photographs on this blog are copyright © protected by Fred Ziegler, all rights reserved.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monkey Around

Do you ever wonder where phrases come from or what they mean? For instance, to monkey around with something is usually said about an effort to repair or improve upon something. Especially an effort that is unsuccessful.
The Free Dictionary defines it like this: do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly.
Dictionary.com has this as one of the definitions: Informal, to play or trifle idly; fool (often followed by around or with ). The one dictionary. com had that I particularly liked is in reference to a dance. A dance, deriving from the twist, in which the partners move their hands as if climbing a pole and jerk their heads back and forth. Sound like fun? Not to me but, I'll let you be the judge of that.
Some synonyms that came up in my extensive er... minimal research are Muck about, potter and, putter (not to be confused with a stick used for inflaming one's temper while playing the gentleman's game of golf.)
However you define it, humans have a fascination with monkeys and other primates. Today's image is of a rather forlorn little fellow I saw at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle Washington. I was out with my family visiting the zoo when it began to rain a little. This monkey was sitting under a branch looking rather forlorn so I whistled at it. Immediately it perked up looked straight at me and smiled. Well, no it didn't smile but, it looked directly at me so I captured this image. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

More info here: Patas Monkey
And here: Patas Wiki


Patas Monkey
Patas Monkey by FloralbyFred
View more gifts on Zazzle.
Patas Monkey
Patas Monkey by FloralbyFred
Shop for other gifts.
Patas Monkey
Patas Monkey by FloralbyFred
Shop for more iPhone accessories at zazzle.
Patas Monkey Shirt
Patas Monkey Shirt by FloralbyFred
Create a unique t shirts design at Zazzle
Patas Monkey Shirt
Patas Monkey Shirt by FloralbyFred
Design your own photo t shirts online at Zazzle.
Patas Monkey Greeting Cards
Patas Monkey Greeting Cards by FloralbyFred
Shop for a card with zazzle.com
Patas Monkey Postcards
Patas Monkey Postcards by FloralbyFred
You can sell cards , invitations, stamps and more on Zazzle.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment