About Florals by Fred





I have changed the format on my blog. The landing page will show a comprehensive feed of everything I create on Zazzle.com. On the tabs under the header picture are links to here and to pages of what I decide to talk about arranged by months. Any comments? Please leave one!

All of the photographs on this blog are copyright © protected by Fred Ziegler, all rights reserved.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More Water?

I'm still on a water kick today. Did you know that water dissolves more substances than any other liquid? Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it. I was watching some footage this morning about the devastating effects of the tsunami that hit Japan after the earthquake last year. Homes, cars, boats and people were washed out to sea along with anything else that the tsunami carried off with it. Too much water at any one time can be a really bad thing. In California where I live, flooding caused over 350 million dollars in insurance loss from January 1 1978- September 30, 2001. From 1960- 1995, flooding caused 255 fatalities in California. These stats are here: Flood Safety... Over the past 10 years (2001-2010), flood insurance claims averaged just over $2.6 billion. In 2010 alone, claims in the total of $226,308,829 was paid out to 4,209 claims in Tennessee. You can check my figures here: Flood Smart... Water, we all need it but you know what they say about too much of a good thing.

Now after that introduction, maybe I should design something other than water related products. I have another pretty cool water drop image I think you'll like. A rather dreamy rendition but, it's nice nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment